Terms and Conditions
The following agreement allows you to know what can be expected from Miss Sophie’s and yourself in certain situations from the minute you book a place until the moment your child returns home safe and happy!
Once you have ticked the box to say ‘Yes, I have read the agreement and am happy’ and have submitted your booking then you are agreeing to our terms and conditions as below:
- By accepting this agreement we can be assured that you are: at least 18 years old
- the legal guardian of the child, or children, you are making the booking for
- legally capable of entering binding contracts.
- All bookings will be confirmed via email once full payment has been made. Bookings made where part or no payment is made will be deemed as pending and no place can be reserved.
- Once full payment has been made the booking will be confirmed.
- We accept payment by credit or debit card to be made no less than 7 days before the start of camp.
- If we cannot accept your booking for any reason we will be sure to refund you in full as soon as possible.
- Children must be the age stipulated for the day they are attending.
- If you need to cancel your booking with us then please let us know by email as soon as possible. As we can only take a limited number of children, cancellations can mean that other children have missed out on a space, and can have a major impact on our staffing levels.
The following charges will therefore apply:
- Thereafter (after 7 days) no refund will be given.
- 7 days before the day you are booked in for will receive a 50% refund.
- 3+ weeks before the camp starts will receive the full refund less any booking fee.
- If your child is forced by illness or injury to miss a day on camp we will happily view this day as credit to be used within the following 12 months. Simply provide us with a doctor’s note within 14 days of the first day missed on camp.
- In extreme and very unfortunate circumstances Miss Sophie’s may need to cancel a camp. In this situation we will do our best to give at least 14 days notice and you will be refunded the full amount for the days cancelled.
- Refunds will be made via the same method of payment you used whilst booking.
- The cost of our camps we provide will be displayed clearly on our website.
- If there is a clear error in the displayed prices on our website or any marketing material please let us know. We unfortunately will not be able to provide you with our camp services at this incorrect rate and you will be asked to pay the difference to fully confirm your booking.
AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES AND DATES
- We always make sure that our website and advertising reflects our activity programme. However, inevitably, the availability of certain excursions is dependent on the weather, venues and other circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform parents of any restrictions or changes.
- No refunds will be made for activities that do not occur as we will always replace this with another suitable activity.
ACTIVITIES AND SAFETY
- Miss Sophie’s works hard to ensure the safety and care of all children on camp, and this includes a thorough, on-going risk assessment process for all activities and excursions.
- By accepting this agreement you give consent to your child taking part in a variety of activities, as stated on our website, and that participating in any of our timetabled activities is done at their own risk.
- Children will need to attend camp in the correct active wear, warm and sensible clothing along with a light and suitable rucksack for snacks and packed lunch are needed.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- Miss Sophie’s will take photos and video footage throughout the camp day. These may be used in promotional materials and also sent to you at the end of camp.
- Please let us know if you would not like photography of any kind to be taken.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP
- When dropping off your child each morning you will be asked to give the names of the children you are dropping off. You will then be asked to sign the registration slip.
- If the person collecting is different to the person that dropped off then their name must be on the original sign in slip and PHOTOGRAPHIC I.D. must be shown. Regardless if you are mum, dad, granny or grandpa, you MUST have PHOTOGRAPHIC I.D. if you are not the person who dropped them off in the morning.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Miss Sophie’s aims to be entirely inclusive, however, to do this we need to know the requirements of our children so that we can provide the best possible service and care for them.
- To enable us to do this please ensure that you provide us with all the information we need (Medical Records, Behavioural Records, details of any medication taken, learning difficulties, special needs, etc.).
- Failure to provide this information may result in the child’s exclusion from certain activities and/or camp. No refund will be offered in this case.
- If we deem your child too ill to attend camp, especially where we feel their illness may be contagious, we reserve the right to send them home or cancel their booking. Of course, as illness can’t be helped, credit days will be provided.
- Children should wear sunscreen to Miss Sophie’s in the Summer. We also always carry this with us. Please let us know if your child might have any reaction to using our sunscreen.
- In the event of an accident a Miss Sophie’s staff member will administer first aid and, if necessary, call the emergency services.
- For those prescribed an adrenaline auto-injector (i.e. Emerade, EpiPen, Jext), please ensure you note this on the booking form. In accordance with government healthcare recommendations, your child should have access to more than one device on camp. Parents must meet the Lead First Aider on arrival at camp to discuss your child’s allergies and medication administration.
- All essential medication, including all adrenaline auto-injectors, must be handed in to the lead first aider each morning for checking and for the appropriate form to be completed. Adrenaline auto-injectors, once checked in, will be looked after by your child’s Group Leader so that they are with your child at all times on camp.
- If any medication is not clearly labelled with the child’s name or is out of date then your child will not be able to stay on camp until the correct medication is handed in to us.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
- Miss Sophie’s insurance is provided by Morten and Michel and includes Employers’ Liability of £10,000,000 and Public and Products Liability of £3,000,000
- Miss Sophie’s does not accept any liability for personal injury or sickness, or the death of any person, unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its staff.
- Miss Sophie’s will not take responsibility for the loss or damage of any items of personal property brought to camp. Our insurance does not cover personal items.
- Miss Sophie’s encourages all parents and guardians to have appropriate insurance in place for personal injury, personal possessions and booking insurance with regard to their child’s attendance on one of our camps.
BEHAVIOUR AND EXCLUSION
- Miss Sophie’s is a fun day for all and if a child’s behaviour begins to impede this, it will not be tolerated
- Any negative behaviour, e.g. bullying, aggression or disruption, will be dealt with zero tolerance.
- Children displaying these behaviours repeatedly may be excluded from activities and/or camps.
- No refund will be given for the day of exclusion and any further days booked.
LOST AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Please do not allow your children to bring expensive belongings to camp, for example any electronics.
- Please ensure that those items children do bring to camp are clearly labelled with the child’s full name.
- We encourage parents and guardians to check their child’s belongings at collection each day.
- If you are sending in small amounts of pocket money for trips. This must be handed in to the group leader at the start of the day for safe keeping.
- Miss Sophie’s accepts no liability for loss or damage to any property belonging to a child, guardian or staff member.
PARENT FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- At Miss Sophie’s our aim is to provide the highest quality care for children within our community. We continually look to adapt and change our practice for the better.
- Your feedback can really help us to do this so please email us with any thoughts.
- At Miss Sophie’s we take complaints seriously and can almost always resolve them. However, we need to know as soon as possible so that we can follow them up immediately.
- If you are at camp and have a complaint please direct it towards Sophie Duncanson (Camp Leader).
- As is the trend in this modern day, nearly all of our communications and written information will be via email.
- This agreement means that you accept that any information provided electronically holds the same legal standing as if it were in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you should be done so via email.
- All notices given by us will be done so via our website, email or via the postal address you provide when booking.
- Notices will be deemed properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent or 3 working days after posting of any letter. Emails must be sent to the correct addressee and letters addressed and stamped correctly.
- Your details will be kept safe and only ever used in regard to future camps and events run by Miss Sophie’s.
- No photograph of a child will be used in any promotional material, unless consent is given by the legal guardian. Only backs of heads can be used.
- Miss Sophie’s is an equal opportunities employer and also welcomes all children regardless of gender, ability, race or religion.
- Each child within our community is as important as the next and we will ensure that they receive equal access opportunity.
- Miss Sophie’s has a legal obligation to report any suggestion of child abuse or neglect and will do so immediately.
- All our staff are DBS checked and trained.
- It is our policy not to exclude any child due to special needs, wherever possible. The needs of each child vary, so decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual child requires to enable them to participate in and enjoy Miss Sophie’s Clubs.